Homeowner Resources

Know Your Rights Regarding the Coronavirus Aid Relief and Economic Security Act (CARES Act).

Step 1:  The CARES Act has guidelines specifically to regulate mortgages owned or insured by the government. Determine if you have a government backed loan.  Approximately half of all loans are owned or insured by the government.  Many loans before 2009 are not.  Loans that are not a 15-30 year fixed rate are also not likely to qualify.  If you do not have a government backed loan, all loan servicers still must follow RESPA guidelines when homeowners are facing hardship.

Fannie Mae: 

Freddie Mac: 

  • Look for an FHA number on page 1 of your Deed of Trust.  Find a copy of your Deed of Trust on your county public record search.  In Maryland, it is https://mdlandrec.net/ 
  • Look on your monthly mortgage statement.  If you pay a Mortgage Insurance Premium (MIP) every month, you have a FHA loan.
VA--Veteran's Administration Insured Loans

Reverse Mortgages

USDA or Department of Agriculture Loans

Loan Guarantees for Indian Housing 

Step 1 was posted to get you started.  We will post a video on Tuesday, May 5 with details of the next steps you can take.  If you need to speak to our legal department, you can fill out a questionnaire on our website, www.StrategicHousingSolutionsInc.org

No comments:

Post a Comment